I was struggling to find something to write about for today’s blog post. I ended up thinking about the YouTube videos that you see every now and then called “15 Facts About Me” (or however many facts the YouTuber includes in their video), and I realized that would be a fun topic for a blog post. Learning random facts about someone is always fun, so hopefully you’ll like this post!
If you’ve never seen one of those videos and are confused about what I’m talking about, basically this is just going to be a list of 15 random facts about me. Hopefully they’re interesting or funny!
Anyway, with that said, let’s get on with the post!
- I taught myself how to read using a toy that my Mom bought me. What it did was it taught you the letters of the alphabet, the sounds they make, etc. My mom bought it just because she thought it would be something fun for me to play with, but, to my parents’ surprise, I ended up learning how to read from using it.
- I danced ballet during elementary and middle school. I loved it, and, although I don’t dance anymore, it’s still something I find beautiful and inspiring. Also, the lessons I learned from doing ballet, such as being professional, working hard, and that I can do more than I think I can, will be with me for the rest of my life.
- When I was growing up, my family had this tradition where we would eat our dinner in the living room and watch old TV shows. Because of this, I was basically raised on I Love Lucy (it was our favorite old show). I know the plot of all of the episodes, and I think the ones set in Hollywood were the best.
- I get cold super easily. It doesn’t matter if it’s the middle of summer (and it can get really hot in Atlanta), there is a good chance I’ll be cold. Most of the time, my toes and fingers feel like ice cubes.
- I got sad on my 11th birthday when I didn’t get a letter from Hogwarts telling me I was a witch. I knew that Harry Potter wasn’t’ real, but there was still a small part of me that hoped it was.
- A lot of the stories I’ve written involve murder/scary things (one involved a ghost), but, despite the fact I write about it, I can’t watch or read many things that have creepy/gory things in them. I get scared super easily, and I’m also really squeamish.
- My least favorite movie of all time is ET, because when I watched it (I was 4) I got super scared. I had nightmares from it so bad that, for the next year, I made my dad check under my bed and in my closet before I went to sleep. I was scared ET was going to be there and was going to come out and hurt me, even though he wasn’t mean in the movie. Needless to say, my parents feel kind of bad for showing me that!
- I believe in ghosts, and I’ve definitely had a few paranormal experiences in my life.
- The emoji that I use the most is always the laughing face. I don’t know why, I guess i just find a lot of things to be funny.
- One of my all time favorite movies is The Imitation Game. It’s so sad and heartbreaking, but the way its written is so incredible and the acting is amazing. I also love the soundtrack and think it’s great to listen to while reading.
- I recently started doing Sudoku, and, surprisingly, I love it. Even though it makes me feel kind of like an old lady, it helps me relax and shut down my thoughts. I like to do it while listening to music, watching YouTube or Netflix, or listening to audiobooks.
- I love thrift stores. I’ve been going since I was little, so I’ve gotten good at being able to pick out things that I like.
- It’s rare for me to finish a TV show, especially if it’s something I’m watching on Netflix. I tend to binge a season or two of one show before starting up another one and not going back to the first one for awhile. Because of this, there are so many great shows that I’ve started but never finished.
- I always listen to music when I write. I’ve heard that some people think it’s distracting, especially if the music has lyrics, but, for me, it helps to occupy the part of my brain that wants to think of a million other things besides what I’m doing. Songs with lyrics are also great because they help me get into the right frame of mind and emotional state for whatever I’m working on.
- I’m not the best at makeup, but I really love it. It’s kind of a form of self-expression for me. I think of it as being like painting but, instead of a canvas, you use your face.
And that’s it! I hope you like these 15 random facts about me!
Thanks for reading!