I can’t believe that 2016 is almost over. I feel like this year somehow passed in both a second and a lifetime.
2016 was a strange year for me, filled with lots of things that made me happy along with experiences that taught me a lot that I needed to know. Because of that, I thought I would share with you 16 lessons that I learned in 2016.
Some of these are things I’m still learning, and I know that there are so many things that the world has yet to teach me. But I’m thankful for the progress I’ve made as a person this past year. I’ve grown so much, and I’m so grateful for that.
With all of that said, here are the 16 lessons I have learned this past year.
- People who are negative, drag you down, and make you feel less than worthy don’t belong in your life.
- It’s okay to feel bad.
- Self-care isn’t just okay, it’s important.
- Just because parts of your life aren’t going in the direction you would like, it doesn’t mean you can’t be happy.
- More often than not, happiness is a decision that comes from appreciating the little things.
- Exercising isn’t fun while you’re doing it, but it’s worth how you feel when you’re done.
- Being grateful will always make you smile.
- Eating healthy can change so much of how you feel.
- It’s okay to be tired and need a break.
- You can’t be truly happy and excited about life until you accept who you are.
- Life doesn’t always go according to plan, so learning to accept where you are in each moment is key.
- Trying to change who you are in order to get someone’s acceptance will only end up hurting you.
- Dividing big tasks into smaller steps really helps keep them from seeming like mountains you can’t conquer.
- Speak kindly to yourself. You would never treat a friend the way you treat yourself.
- Harsh, hurtful words from someone else isn’t a reflection of you, it’s a reflection of them.
- Having faith is difficult, but it’s not as difficult as having nothing to believe in is.
Those are my lessons that I learned. I’m so grateful for this past year and all the experiences that I had, but I’m definitely ready for and excited about the new year!
Tell me what you learned in 2016!
Thanks so much for reading! See you in 2017!